Bodyfix Method™ is an alignment therapy designed to bring relief to painful muscle and joint conditions. The pain you are feeling didn’t just happen overnight. Find the cause of the pain. Don’t just treat the symptom. Bodyfix Method™ is a rehabilitation therapy using simple stretching and strengthening exercises and movements to find and treat the cause of a client’s pain.
Bodyfix Method™ combines these simple stretching and strengthening exercises with neuromuscular and myofascial manual therapy treatments in order to bring the client’s autonomic and parasympathetic systems back to optimal performance.
Our goal is to eliminate chronic pain, to realign the body’s muscles and joints, and to restore natural function after traumatic injuries. This can all be done without surgery or drugs. No single approach, no single therapy, will do that. BodyFix Method™ offers not one road to eliminating pain, but several, drawing on the skills and diverse techniques learned by its therapists.
What can I expect in my Initial Evaluation?
During your evaluation, your therapist will conduct a thorough postural review including taking photographs to assess your alignment, doing functional testing to see how your joints and muscles are working, and will also conduct a gait (walking) analysis. You will have the opportunity to share any pertinent medical information, as well as any injuries you may have had in the past that may be contributing to your body’s current alignment. From this information, they will be able to make recommendations for you as to how they can best help you in terms of reaching your personal goals and eliminating your pain. The notes and recommendations for every client is different, due to the therapist assessing your body’s alignment, your needs, and your personal goals.
Below is an example of a therapist’s recommendations and notes to a client, after his Initial Evaluation:
We identified several long standing alignment imbalances that are the source of instability and chronic pain in your body.
1. Left Rotation: Your body rotating on left axis, putting extra pressure on your right lower back. As we reduce the rotation, the chronic tension will subside.
2. Left ilium up: Your left femur was shortened into the socket. We adjusted this with traction. Doing Gravity Drop twice daily will help insure that your legs stay the same length so that you can weight bear equally on them. This will give stability to your right side.
3. Left ankle pronation: You are over-pronating on your left ankle, causing instability for your pelvis and lower back. Addressing this will change your entire structure! Weight distribution on your feet affects your whole body alignment.
4. Forward pelvis. Your entire pelvis is shifted forward, causing major stress to your lower back. Think about putting weight in your heels and keeping your head and shoulders up and back. Notice yourself shifting your pelvis forward and shift it back…if you look down you should always be able to see your feet.
5. Rounded shoulders and upper back: You have a tendency to collapse your chest and round your upper back. There is no need for this! You are a tall, handsome, guy! Stand up tall:) Here is a tip…keep your chin parallel to the earth.
All of these issues are related and they are all 100 percent correctable.
What can I expect in my Initial Session?
In your Initial Bodyfix Method™ Session, your therapist will sit down with you, listen, ask questions, and take notes about the nature of your pain. Your therapist will then take a series of four standing photographs, collaborate with you to assess the position of the joints, and explain the problems that can result from misalignment.
Your therapist will apply a comprehensive postural alignment assessment and employ a system of focused manual therapy techniques to determine which muscles are working well and which are not. A series of simple stretching and alignment exercises will be done with you to complement the manual therapy procedures. You will walk out of the first session feeling much better than when you came in.
At the end of your session, you will receive a therapeutic exercise program of at-home exercises designed to return your body to optimal function. Your program will be tailored to you. Our database of over 700 exercises has easy-to-follow photographs and descriptions, so the at-home work will always be on target, challenging, and restorative.
Will my insurance cover my Bodyfix Method™ sessions?
Bodyfix Method™ is an out-of-network provider reimbursable by several insurance companies including United, Oxford, Empire, and others, depending upon your coverage. We can supply you with a detailed invoice including your diagnosis and services provided, which you can then submit to your insurance company for out-of-network benefit coverage offered by your plan. Bodyfix Method™ also meets the IRS requirements for payments from a FSA. FSA healthcare programs are a tax-beneficial way to cover your progression to a pain free you.
How long will it take to see results?
If you invest the time and do the exercises daily, you will start to feel better within ten days to two weeks.
Every BodyFix Method™ therapeutic exercise program targets the underlying cause of the pain – the primary source of the problem. Each program is safe, simple, and easy to follow. Do the work, and good things will happen.
My doctor recommends surgery for my pain. What should I do?
Please talk to us first. There may be postural elements and misalignment issues that your doctor does not see as causes of the pain and condition. A surgical solution to chronic muscle pain or long-term joint pain is not the only option. It rarely is the right one.
Many of our clients have had failed surgeries but, after working with us, are living pain free lives. Poorly used muscles result in misalignment of joints and can put body into a painful condition. If those muscles are retrained and reconditioned to work properly, they can put you back into living pain free.
Will Bodyfix Method™ work for me?
If your answer to any of the following questions is “yes”, then the BodyFix Method™ will work for you.
- Do you hurt when you sit, especially at the computer?
- Does it hurt just to move?
- Is it worse when you stand, walk, or drive?
- Is your golf game deteriorating?
- Were you once a great walker, but now can’t face a few blocks?
- Has your balance gotten worse?
- Do you avoid going down stairs?
- Does your back hurt? Does your neck feel stiff?
- Do you have frequent headaches?
- Are your feet killing you?
- Have you developed bunions or even hammertoes?
- Has your doctor said that now, it’s orthopedics and then, probably surgery?
- Do you feel that you are becoming more and more inactive?
What conditions or injuries do you treat?
At BodyFix Method™, we treat chronic pain. Among other conditions, we have experience treating:
- Back Pain, both low and upper back conditions
- Bursitis of shoulder, hip, and knee
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (before and after surgery)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth symptoms
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Joint pain of the shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle
- Knee Pain
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Neck Pain
- Parkinson’s issues
- Pinched Nerve
- Pelvic Pain
- Plantar Fascitis
- Scoliosis, both lumbar and thoracic
- Shoulder, Knee, and Hip Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
What should I wear?
To be able to view muscles and alignment best, men – please bring shorts and a tank top, women – shorts and a sports bra or tank top. Form-fitting tights are suggested if you are uncomfortable in shorts.